Donate or Become a Member
The International Paruresis Association, Inc. (IPA) is a nonprofit organization formed in 1996 to help those afflicted with and affected by this social phobia.
For over 15 years, the IPA has consistently worked to:
- educate the public and the medical establishment on the nature of paruresis
- show that paruresis has been the most neglected social phobia and yet afflicts a wide range of people
- sponsor workshops to help paruretics overcome this phobia
- help those afflicted with paruresis overcome the stigma, embarrassment, and isolation associated with it
- disseminate the latest information about paruresis
- facilitate the establishment of support or self-help groups across the world
- expand research to help identify the most clinically effective treatments
Operated by a small group of professionals and primarily staffed by volunteers, we have already helped thousands of men and women realize a difference in their lives though our workshops, newsletters, web sites, counseling sessions, research and outreach.
Now we ask for your support to sustain the organization and help us continue to reach our long-range goals. Please….you can help others and yourself by giving to this worthy cause…
The IPA needs help in the form of money and volunteers. Can you Contribute?
Maybe you’ve said to yourself in the past: “I’d pay any amount (maybe $10,000?!) if someone could help me with this condition”…. Well, now some people have come forward to help you, and they are not asking for what you may have previously been willing to pay.
Your donation of $50.00 or more goes directly to pay for mailings, information packets, administrative help and other costs. Please print out, complete, and mail in the Donor Form or donate with your credit card. You can also use the form to let us know how your skills can help grow our organization.
Steven Soifer, Ph.D., LCSW-C, CEO of IPA