Welcome to Women’s Resources
My name is Carol, and I serve as the Women’s Volunteer Coordinator for the International Paruresis Association, as well as a former IPA Board Member.
I suffered – unnecessarily so – from paruresis for well over 40 years. No one, including health care professionals, seemed to understand or could help. As a result, the quality of my life was severely impacted, I missed out on a number of important opportunities, and I felt embarrassed and very alone.
After discovering the IPA 10 years ago, I met fellow people walking with paruresis for the first time, thereby ending years of isolation. I also undertook a recovery program that ultimately allowed me to reach my goal of becoming (almost) completely paruresis-free.
Taking on a more active role within the IPA, I personally communicated with hundreds of women by e-mail, telephone, newsletter or on the IPA Discussion Board (IPA Talk Forums).
I am pleased to announce that, as of January 2006, we have established a private forum* on the newly-revised IPA Talk Forum. Please look below for specific instructions about how you can join and participate.
Titled the “Women Only” Forum, it will be co-moderated by Andrea (firstname.lastname@example.org) and me (email@example.com). Each of us has had considerable experience dealing with paruresis and is in varying stages of recovery from it.
In order to participate on the “Women Only” Forum, you need to subscribe:
- Register as a new user on the IPA Talk Forums. Remember: you do not have to use your real name. Use an anonymous username if you are at all concerned about your privacy.*
- Once you have created a username, write directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know you would like to have your name added to the “Women Only” Forum and make sure you give us your username . We will notify you by e-mail when we have done so. (Note: if you already have a username, you still have to write to us so w can add your name).
- After you receive this notification, access the IPA Talk Forum again. On the left side of your screen, click IPA Talk Forums. Now you will notice that the “Women Only” Forum will automatically appear.
- By registering as a user, you can also read and post to this and other IPA Forums.
I hope you will become a regular on the “Women Only” Forum. See you there!
San Francisco East Bay Area
* Reasonable actions to keep men out of our “Women’s Forum” have been taken, however, we cannot guarantee absolute privacy.
INTERNATIONAL PARURESIS ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 21237
Catonsville, MD 21228
You Are Not Alone.
There Is Help For You!
Shy Bladder, Bashful Bladder, Pee Shy
This website is NOT a substitute for medical or legal advice and does not constitute the practice of law, medicine, psychiatry, clinical psychology, clinical social work, or any other mental health profession. If you are having trouble urinating, you should always contact a physician since difficulty with voiding can be a symptom of a serious medical condition. We are a group of professional people and people who have suffered with paruresis. We have assembled a board and a board of advisors to help people cope with urinary dysfunction that has a psychological or social origin. On this website, we are NOT practicing medicine, psychiatry, clinical psychology, clinical social work or any other mental health profession. You should have your doctor evaluate your condition before diagnosing yourself, and seek the appropriate necessary mental health counseling if warranted. IPA, Inc. disclaims any and all legal liability whatsoever.